About JB Media Group
JB Media Group is a digital marketing agency that supports mission-driven companies, social enterprises, and nonprofits. Over the last 10 years the agency has grown to include the JB Media Institute, an education and training enterprise, and RomanticAsheville.com, a travel guide to Western North Carolina. We are a certified B Corp based in the beautiful mountains and creative epicenter of Asheville, NC.
If you are excited by our mission and fully in sync with our values, we encourage you to apply to join our team! Before you submit your application, we understand that you might have questions about what it is really like to work at JB Media Group. Here are a few things you might want to know about our company culture before going through the application process:
- Our founder believes that transparency is important and we take steps to make sure that news and information is freely shared among the team.
- Our leadership team values staff expertise and insights and invites open dialogue regularly. We take time to discuss and address issues that come up during regular team meetings, quarterly planning sessions, and annual retreats.
- We are B Corp Certified! We believe that business can be a force for good and we are proud to be part of the B Corp movement.
- Service to people and the planet has been part of our company culture since the beginning. Our community involvement and JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) initiative engages us in the critical issues of our times that we care about and keeps us connected on a human level.
- We build into our staff capacity workload a devoted percentage of time for team culture participation and professional development. Most agencies don’t factor that into their utilization rate goals.
- Accountability is a priority within our structure and in our interactions with each other. We have an intentional organizational structure to provide clarity while avoiding strict hierarchy, and we practice Crucial Conversations to hold us accountable to healthy communication.
- We respect each other as adults and have team leads to support and guide us, not managers to micro-manage us.
- We have a professional judgment vacation policy which means we are self-directed enough to enjoy the benefits of flexible time off while ensuring our quality work crosses the finish line on time.
I do want to commend the leadership team for leading us through the storm, and helping us come out the other side. Admittedly, I was terrified. But the ingenuity and collaboration of the leadership team was incredible at finding and obtaining resources (and clients!). All of this makes me feel proud and thankful to be a part of a team that cares about the people.
More reasons why you’ll love JB Media Group
- A fair wage salary plus annual pay raise and bonus, 401k with company contribution, top tier dental/vision care plan, wellness and supplemental benefits, $500 home workspace stipend, flexible scheduling and professional judgment vacation policy
- Not-your-usual company events with a team that enjoys playing together as much as working together
- Company-organized volunteer days to support the communities that support us
- Professional development is encouraged and supported, supplemented with peer-led training, and diversity and inclusion programs that help us learn, grow, and live out our values
- A modern office with designs by local professional artists, although we are currently a fully remote company, transitioning to a hybrid working model in 2022 that is best-fit to our team.
- A committed team of individuals with a range of professional skills and personal passions. We embrace and strive for diversity across self-identities and experiences, and recognize that different thinking, learning, and communication styles increase the innovation of our team. We hold deeply our commitment to our values of inclusion and belonging. Our team is made stronger through diversity and by what makes you unique, so we invite you to bring your whole lived experience to the job.
Ready to Join Us?
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you can check each point of experience we’re looking for? Reach out to us anyway. We are aware that imposter syndrome and previous discrimination in a candidate’s experience can get in the way of us determining if you could be a great match with us.
Open Call for Contractors!
Are you a freelancer interested in working with us? We are always on
the lookout for contractors to join our extended team!
How we work with contractors
We respect your variable workload, availability, and freelance freedom to choose. If we decide to work together, our contract with you is on an as-needed basis (rather than set hours) whereby you can accept or decline each scope of work we propose to you. Pay rate is based upon the particular skill set needed and your expertise level.
“It’s been hard to find a modern and ethical agency to work with—I learn, connect, and feel great about the work I do with JB Media.”
What it’s like working with JB Media as a contractor
We understand that people have different career intentions and priorities as a freelancer. We make our expectations crystal clear so there is mutual agreement and respect from the get-go. Some contractors work with us on a periodic basis, while others are steady contributors. Contract work is a great way for us to get to know each other so that if and when a suitable staff position becomes available that fits your career goals, it could be a great opportunity for both of us.
“Working with the JB Media team is an amazing opportunity to collaborate with knowledgeable, communicative professionals on exciting regional and national projects.”
What we are looking for
We are in particular need of highly proficient skills in these areas:
- Advanced Paid social (Facebook ads, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Organic Social Media
- Google Ads
- Google Grants
- Advanced content strategy
- Website architecture, design and UX audits; website conversion audits and optimization recommendations
- Influencer marketing
- Video production
- Content writing with expert insight in the sectors we work within
- Email marketing campaigns
- SEO skills
Have another skillset in your wheelhouse that you think we could use? Let us know.
“Working with JB Media has been so great! I find myself getting more and more integrated into their growing team each day all while being able to control my own hours and workload. It’s the best of both worlds.”
Sounds great and ready to sign up?
Please fill out the form below to start the process. After we receive your information we will contact you with next steps.